California Salary Disclosure: $65,000 to $75,000 based on experience.
Watearth wants you to love coming to work. We want to pay you a competitive wage and benefits. We want you to stay safe and secure during challenging times while working for a business that puts people and the environment first. For more than ten years, we have focused on developing green engineering and environmental science solutions for the next century. Watearth values creating a positive environment for collaboration and diversity. Our small and growing team means that we can take your input and quickly turn it into positive change, both on projects and internally at the company.
We want you to spend your days working on and supporting projects that make a big difference in the world, from improving regional water quality, to preventing flooding, to enhancing our nation’s cities with green infrastructure planning. At Watearth, you will have opportunities to fight back against climate change alongside a team of experts that care profoundly for the well-being of our world. You will work with major municipal clients throughout the nation on projects with construction costs in the tens of millions of dollars.
Watearth fosters a professional work environment where staff develop trust, take appropriate creative risks, and rely on each other for insights and review. We train new hires, lend a helping hand, and encourage growth by discussing your career goals with you. We follow up on those goals by supporting your pursuit of them through regular feedback and mentorship. There is significant opportunity for growth into a leadership role for the right candidate.
Would you like to work on projects that make a difference to our environment and quality of life? Are you able to organize and conduct field work like stormwater inspections and do you enjoy documentation and technical writing? If so the Environmental Scientist/Planner role at Watearth could be a perfect fit for your skillset. Are you equally at home applying your critical thinking and problem solving while working on desktop studies and writing technical reports?
Watearth staff are located nationwide, and this role will be located near the San Francisco Bay Area with one day or more per week in the field for stormwater inspections with the rest of the position including desktop environmental and water resources duties. Collaboration primarily occurs virtually. As a result, a person who is comfortable with (or could learn to be comfortable with) communicating heavily in the digital world will feel most at home at Watearth. This person also should be comfortable communicating with contractors. The Environmental Scientist/Planner will work collaboratively with our environmental and water resources team. A keen eye for stormwater and desire to work on projects that make a difference to California’s natural resources is a must.
Let’s discuss compensation. This role will be paid a salary between $65,000 to $75,000 based on experience. Position is full-time or may be part-time (students encouraged to apply).
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Remote, Hybrid, or In-Office Working Environments
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage Options
- Generous PTO Policy
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Virtual Parties
- Local In Person Casual Meet Ups
- And more…….
Watearth is our clients’ best resource for planning, master plans, modeling, design, and construction support services in disciplines such as water resources engineering, environmental science, and green design. We have produced award-winning work for more than a decade, a testament to our reliability and expertise. Our niche focus allows us to create solutions that elude less specialized firms. With highly accredited senior staff, Watearth is widely considered a leading firm in our disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform environmental or stormwater field work duties of 1 or more days per week, including driving to remote sites.
- Assist with environmental studies and permitting (CEQA, wetlands delineations, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, biological studies, etc.).
- Assist with water resources and stormwater studies.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Work on GIS exhibits
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science, ecology, biology, water resources/environmental/civil engineering, geography, landscape architecture or a related degree required. We will consider students working towards a degree in one of these fields or others looking for part-time employment if consistently available.
- 1-4 years experience in environmental science, planning, or water resources.
- Experience with environmental or stormwater field work, preparing studies, and permitting.
- Experience with ArcGIS preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative during field work while maintaining communication with the office.
- Certification or ability to obtain certification as a QSP preferred.
- Ability to safely perform field work (comply with COVID-19 vaccination and safety protocols, possess valid driver’s license and good driving record, maintain personal transportation with valid vehicle insurance suited to field work, and ability to lift up to 25 pounds)
We are excited to have you apply to our team. We know you’ll put as much effort and thought into your application as we put into this advertisement, and we can’t wait to see what you can bring to the table.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and current resume in .pdf format. All emails and resumes will remain confidential. Once resumes are received, we will send out email communications regarding next steps. Please keep an eye on your email for further instructions. We invite you to explore our website and learn more about the exciting work that Watearth does. www.watearth.com