Watearth wants you to love coming to work. We want to pay you a competitive wage and benefits. We want you to stay safe and secure during challenging times while working for a business that puts people and the environment first. For more than 15 years, we have focused on developing green engineering and environmental science solutions for the next century. Watearth values creating a positive environment for collaboration and diversity. Our small and growing team means that we can take your input and quickly turn it into positive change, both on projects and internally at the company.
We want you to spend your days working on and supporting projects that make a big difference in the world, from improving regional water quality, to preventing flooding, to enhancing our nation’s cities with green infrastructure planning. At Watearth, you will have opportunities to fight back against climate change alongside a team of experts that care profoundly for the well-being of our world. You will work on a variety of projects across sectors and geographies, including major municipal clients throughout the nation.
Watearth fosters a professional work environment where staff develop trust, take appropriate creative risks, and rely on each other for insights and review. We train new hires, lend a helping hand, and encourage growth by discussing your career goals with you. We follow up on those goals by supporting your pursuit of them through regular feedback and mentorship. There is significant opportunity for growth into a leadership role for the right candidate.
Would you like to work on projects that make a difference to our environment, infrastructure, and quality of life? Are you able to stay attuned to project details while planning ahead to manage the project? Do you enjoy being involved in a range of project types including both planning and design and do you enjoy documentation and technical writing? If so the Civil/Water Resources Engineer Project Manager role at Watearth could be a perfect fit for your skillset. Are you equally at home applying your critical thinking and problem solving while managing and working on projects?
Watearth staff are located nationwide, and this role will be located in Austin, Texas. There is a heavy emphasis on virtual collaboration. As a result, a person who is comfortable with (or could learn to be comfortable with) communicating heavily in the digital world will feel most at home at Watearth. This person also should be comfortable directing internal staff and external sub-consultants and communicating proactively with clients. The Civil/Water Resources Project Manager will work collaboratively with our engineering and environmental team following Watearth’s signature project delivery process.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote, Hybrid, or In-Office Working Environments
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage Options
- Generous PTO Policy
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Virtual Parties
- Local In Person Casual Meet Ups
- And more…
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage civil and water resources engineering modeling, planning, and design as well as sustainability and resiliency projects.
- Perform hydrology/hydraulics, water quality, Low Impact Development, and water supply modeling.
- Develop civil engineering plans, specifications and estimates.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Perform peer review and quality control.
- Assist with business development and proposals.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or related field. Masters preferred.
- 4 to 12 years experience in water resources/civil engineering design and modeling.
- Licensed professional engineer or related license (i.e., professional geologist, etc.).
- Experienced with project management, project coordination, or assisting with project management.
- Proficient with hydrologic, hydraulic, water quality, Low Impact Development, and water supply models.
- Proficient with civil engineering and water resources design.
- Experience leading or desire to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams (GIS, environmental, etc.).
- Ability to safely perform field work (safety protocols, possess valid driver’s license and good driving record, maintain personal transportation with valid vehicle insurance suited to field work, and ability to lift up to 25 pounds).
We are excited to have you apply to our team. We know you’ll put as much effort and thought into your application as we put into this advertisement, and we can’t wait to see what you can bring to the table.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and current resume in .pdf format. All emails and resumes will remain confidential. Once resumes are received, we will send out email communications regarding next steps. Please keep an eye on your email for further instructions. We invite you to explore our website and learn more about the exciting work that Watearth does. www.watearth.com