Watearth wants you to love coming to work! We want to pay you a competitive wage and offer you benefits. We want you to stay safe and secure during challenging times while working for a business that puts people and the environment first. For more than ten years, we have focused on developing green engineering and environmental science solutions for the next century. Watearth values creating a positive environment for collaboration and diversity. Our small and growing team means that we can take your input and quickly turn it into positive change, both on projects and internally at the company.
We spend our days working on and supporting projects that make a big difference in the world, from improving regional water quality, to preventing flooding, to enhancing our nation’s cities with green infrastructure planning. At Watearth, you will have opportunities to fight back against climate change alongside a team of experts that care profoundly for the well-being of our world. We work with major municipal clients throughout the nation on projects with construction costs in the tens of millions of dollars.
Watearth fosters a professional work environment where staff develop trust, take appropriate creative risks, and rely on each other for insights and review. We train new hires, lend a helping hand, and encourage growth by discussing your career goals with you. We follow up on those goals by supporting your pursuit of them through regular feedback and mentorship. There is significant opportunity for growth into a leadership role for the right candidate.
Do you enjoy handling a variety of administrative tasks and providing support to the management team to help the business run smoothly for all employees? Are you able to track and organize many moving pieces of business operations? If so, the Administrative Assistant role at Watearth could be a perfect fit for your skillset! Watearth staff are located nationwide, and collaboration primarily occurs virtually. As a result, a person who is comfortable with (or could learn to be comfortable with) communicating heavily in the digital world will feel most at home at Watearth. This is an important role in our operations team providing support to the management team. As such, expect training and ongoing instruction and feedback to be provided regarding existing processes. Organizational skills and an understanding of business activities are necessary, and a desire to build employee relationships and work hand in hand with our management team is a must. Attention to detail, positive attitude, and communication are paramount.
Let’s discuss compensation. This role will be paid a salary between $20 to $24/hour based on experience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Remote, Hybrid, or In-Office Working Environments
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage Options
- Generous PTO Policy
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Virtual Parties
- Local In Person Casual Meet Ups
- And more…….
Watearth is our clients’ best resource for planning, master plans, modeling, design, and construction support services in disciplines such as water resources engineering, environmental science, and green design. We have produced award-winning work for more than a decade, which is a testament to our reliability and expertise. Our niche focus allows us to create solutions that elude less specialized firms. With highly accredited senior staff, Watearth is widely considered a leading firm in our disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Operations Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, Engineering/Environmental Operations Manager, and President of the company.
- Assist with human resources items.
- Assist with project start-up and operational items for engineering and environmental projects and proposals.
- Monitor timesheets, time off requests, and assist in payroll items to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with and maintain various business certifications and licensing.
- Gather and distribute business certificates of insurance related to project needs.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, project equipment needs, and various other project related items.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 2-7+ years experience in administrative and/or business operations.
- Associates or Bachelor’s in business or other related degree preferred.
- Knowledge of general administrative and operations items.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (ability to type 50 wpm)and technically savvy.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Comply with COVID-19 vaccination and safety protocols.
We are excited to have you apply to our team! We know you’ll put as much effort and thought into your application as we put into this advertisement, and we can’t wait to see what you can bring to the table!
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and current resume in .pdf format. All emails and resumes will remain confidential. Once resumes are received, we will send out email communications regarding next steps. Please keep an eye on your email for further instructions. We invite you to explore our website and learn more about the exciting work that Watearth does. www.watearth.com