Are you an independent person who can stay on task while working on a variety of projects and tasks?
Are you a strong communicator with excellent customer service, and problem-solving skills?
Are you tenacious about details and ensuring that tasks are completed on time?
Do you have at least one to three years of experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industries and/or a higher education degree in Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing, English, or related field?
If you answered yes to all these questions, we want you to apply for the position of Marketing Assistant at Watearth. This position is an integral piece to our sales and marketing team, responsible for propelling our vision forward to ensure our green, sustainable, and resilient engineering and planning services benefit as many communities as possible.
Watearth provides water resources engineering and environmental planning to public and private clients. Through consistent emphasis of our values, we have produced award-winning work for more than a decade, a testament to our reliability and expertise.
Our niche focus allows our small business to create project solutions that elude larger, less specialized firms. With highly accredited senior staff, Watearth is widely considered a leading firm in the water resources, environmental, and sustainability, providing both key support and leading roles as needed.
Roles And Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Download RFPs and RFQs
- Review and identify geographic location, small business certification requirements, pre-proposal meetings, and whether or not sign-in lists are available for RFPs and RFQs
- Route RFPs and RFQs to marketing and senior staff for review
- Obtain sign-in sheets for pre-proposal meetings and send emails to attendees
- Send teaming emails to send to pre-proposal attendees as directed
- Respond to teaming requests and set meetings as directed
- Schedule and confirm meetings with clients and strategic partners as directed
- Keep databases up-to-date based on input and your own activities. Databases include tracking sheets for marketing activities, contacts, proposals, registrations and logins, and more.
- Follow-up on meetings with clients and strategic partners on requested information and future leads
- Complete vendor registrations as directed
- Check dates for potential speaking engagements/sponsorship
- Track and update monthly networking meetings into calendar
- Place orders for marketing collateral as needed
- Keep files and folder neat
- Make minor updates to presentations in PowerPoint
- Update and add content on website
- Assist on administrative items related to proposals, as directed. This may include setting up tasks for others, coordinating or facilitating communication between parties, completing registrations, completing forms, or setting up document templates for others to complete
- Skilled in marketing or business development strategy preferred
- Sales driven mindset
- Ability to meet and exceed revenue generating goals
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent follow through
- Thrives on solo work of administrative details
- Enjoys interaction with staff, clients, sub-consultants, and other entities to complete tasks
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry (or willingness to learn)
- Multi-task capable
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-directed and proactive
- Ability to think on their feet
- Time Management
- Ability to be outgoing
- Ability to identify when to ask questions and when to be individually resourceful
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong understanding of professional email communication
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associates in Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing, English, or related field required
- Bachelors preferred
- Proven record in revenue generation
- Exceptional organization, grammar, proofreading, and spelling abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Google Docs, and various other office applications
- Average typing speed of 50 wpm or higher
- Ability to work with budgets and create spreadsheets
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment
- Database management
- Ability to work with staff across multiple departments
This position is in our Orange County, LA County, Riverside County, Oakland, or Sacramento office and is to be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. We offer flexible office locations as well as a flexible work environment including possible telecommuting opportunities, flexible hours with required core hours each weekday to meet our Central Time Zone and Pacific Time Zone needs (may require greater than 40 hours some weeks to meet deadlines). A competitive salary (DOE), and benefits (employees are eligible for benefits if the position becomes full-time).
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and current resume in .pdf format. All emails and resumes will remain confidential. Please do not apply to postings in multiple locations for the same job position.